Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Funny Kids

Since I'm new to this blogging thing, I thought I would share some funny moments of the past few months. This is Rylee, our six year-old. She loves gymnastics and we find her in this position often. She is probably our most observant child and some of the things she says makes you laugh because there is some truth in what she says. This isn't always a good thing. For example, the other day, out of no where, she asks, "Mom, why are you nicer to all the other kids than you are to me?" "What?!", I gasped. How could she ask that? "Well, at Primary you always talk to the other kids in your nice voice." Hmm, that was probably a little true. I don't always use my "Primary" voice at home. I told her that I love her more than anyone else in Primary because she is my Rylee, and I do more things for her than anyone else. This seemed to answer her question, but it made stop and think. I could probably use my Primary voice more often.

This is our four year-old, Kamryn. I love this picture. Don't you love her sassiness?! She is always at least a few inches shorter than anyone else her age, but what she lacks in height she makes up in personality. Our favorite "Kamrynism" is watching her hold her fists in front of her with her toe pointed, and yelling "Giddy-up Horse!" Then she gallops at full speed wherever she is going. I asked her the other day what she wanted to be when she grew up. She told me she wanted to ride ponies and be a mom. Sounds good to me!

This is Cannon, our two year-old. He is constantly into everything. I had a good laugh when I discovered this during nap time. You can't see the entire room, but he emptied his whole closet of clothes, diapers, wipes and shoes. Apparently he felt his own diaper needed to go as well. Very funny.

Hope you got a good laugh. We sure did!

4 comments:

Mallory said...

your children make me happy, i get a good giggle reading these stories. The two days we watched your kids last year were priceless, Kamryn wearing only underwear and snapping the elastic of it against her stomach will stick with me... me and you started blogs a day apart from each others!

faith said...

now that we're gone, it's nice to see that you have a blog. that way we can keep up a little more on your family. this just can't be the only contact!
cute pictures of your kids. and we hope ashtyn is doing better.

Heidi said...

Your family is so cute! Sounds like you have got your hands full. Your new baby is precious, hope all is well with her. You and Clark are brave to take on 4 kids under 6 years old! I am good with just 3 for now.But it looks like you guys are doing a fine job!!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Definitely love your kids. I'm glad they came to our wedding too - because the pictures of them are AWESOME. :-D