Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ashtyn April Cotterell




She's finally here! Ashtyn April Cotterell was born on Saturday, July 12th at 8:57 pm. She was a whopping 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 19 in. long (pretty long for a Cotterell). She is our first brunette, has a cute dimple on her right cheek, and has beautifully long fingers and feet. We couldn't wait to meet her, especially since we didn't know if she was a her or a him. The labor was fast and painless. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. My favorite part was hearing Clark tell me she was a girl and then being able to introduce her to our children and parents. It was amazing (just a little plug on being surprised--it was worth the wait!) The kids just love her and constantly want to hold and kiss her--especially Cannon--what a sweetheart. Ashtyn is very sweet, loves to sleep, and makes you smile just looking at her. So far, the transition has been pretty smooth. It may be a different story once all the carpooling, preschool, and school starts. Right now, we are loving being hermits and taking care of this little "Bright Eyes."

3 comments:

Tony and Whitney said...

Susy-
I was so thrilled to come across your blog while I was blog surfing. Your kids are darling, and I can't believe Rylee is already 6! Time flies. It's good to see pics of you!
Whitne

Andrea, Mrs. said...

HOORAY!

Tonya said...

So Cute! I love her announcement!