Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cannon's latest


This week was a big one for Cannon. Although he is only three, he was ready for his training wheels to come off. I was waiting for the scary, tottering moment when Clark let go, but that never happened. Once the training wheels were off, ZIP! Off Cannon went and he never looked back and didn't need any help. I was pretty impressed!





























One day later....yep, full on crash. It was pretty bad. Cannon left our circle to find his sisters (without telling me) and didn't slow down on the hill in our subdivision. To be honest, I don't think training wheels would have helped. Thanks to some good friends who saw Cannon fall, we were able to get him to the hospital right away. In spite of multiple gashes in his mouth and A LOT of blood, no teeth were lost or stitches needed. We hope he learns to be a little more careful, and I learned you can't turn your back for minute on these busy guys. Also, a little plug for wearing helmets--Cannon was wearing one. I can't imagine what he would have looked like without it! We are so grateful for our little "Evil Canevil," who is sometimes a little too coordinated for his own good.

2 comments:

stacie said...

Poor guy! It's funny that he should be immortalized in your family pictures that way. Kind of fitting?

Mallory said...

Sometimes, when I'm talking with my mom or Abby about anything to do with the fam, one of us will say, "Cannon is so darn cute!" We enjoyed watching him on Sunday after Garrett's talk sitting on a chair reaching into a bag of chips with one hand and eating a rice krispies treat with another. He is such a boy and I love it.